1. Do want to pick your own doctor… or would you prefer to wait for one all day in an overcrowded hallway between a slobbering drunk who keeps farting and drooling on your shoulder and a man with no legs oozing something green that puddles and forms a trail toward your shoe?I don’t know. I’m just askin.’
2. Do want to have low fuel costs… or would you prefer to pay $9 a gallon due to exorbitant taxes because the government wants you to drive two-seat matchboxes with 20-hp engines or take mass transit that Muslim extremists are particularly fond of bombing?
3. Do you want to pay a reasonable tax rate so that your government can maintain a decent security force and limited laws that allow you to pursue what you believe is in your own best interest… or would you rather the government take half or more of your earnings and tell you what you can do, when you can do it, and who you can do it with?
4. Do you want to work for a living and try to live in a nicer neighborhood and send your kids to better schools and maybe retire a little early to that second home on the beach… or do you want the government to pay you not to work and sit around and watch TV and get fat simply because industry is taxed so ridiculously high there aren’t enough jobs to go around?
5. Do you want your employer to do well enough in business so that you may get a promotion and maybe a bonus and maybe buy that diamond necklace for your wife for your anniversary… or do you want your employer’s business to be stagnant and earn the same as the guy who counts staples all day and does three times less work because the company is run by the government, which knows as much about creating wealth as it does about governing itself.
But I’m pretty sure the results for the first part of each of these 5 questions would be a little higher than friggin’ 53 percent.