Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Putting Lipstick on a Pig


Hopefully I'll be posting something of significance and visiting my blogger friends' acreage within the innerwebz sometime tonight or tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'm busy in the real world (my day job), writing about the dreaded scourge, the deadly dilemma, the one and only media frenzy (other than health care legislation and tea parties and continued coverage of Joe Wilson's "racism"): Swine flu.

Let's see if I get any nasty comments from Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack for writing the terribly demeaning and offense words "swine flu."

Swine flu...

Swine flu...

Swine flu...

Remember, all swine are equal. Some are just more equal than others ... to paraphrase Orwell.

Also remember what my mentor and fellow lunatic Hunter S. Thompson once wrote: “In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upward-mobile -- and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together.”

Hmm...I wonder if Vilsack's real issue with term is that it's synonymous with people in the government.

I imagine that right about now highly motivated swine everywhere are plotting my demise.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Feed Your ADHD Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template