Wednesday, March 3, 2010

This Is Simply The Music Best Vid Evah ...

(You know, I was going to correct the headline, but I do believe it's the best one I've evah written.)

Really. It's mesmerizing, with the detail of a Hollywood blockbuster and the simplicity of an Indie camcorder shooting. The song isn't nearly as good as Ok Go's first video sensation, A Million Ways. But the choreography for this thing is stunning. It even has a whole Wired article dedicated to its making.
For nearly four minutes -- captured in a single, unbroken camera shot -- the machine rolls metal balls down tracks, swings sledgehammers, pours water, unfurls flags and drops a flock of umbrellas from the second story, all perfectly synchronized with the song.
Youtube is having issues (they must be partnering with the engineering temps for Facebook and Twitter), so, if it flakes out on you, MAKE SURE YOU SELECT THE HD SETTING in the bottom right corner and the thing should actually work.

HEY! Don't be like that. It can't all be about the Community Organizer in Chief.


P.S. Apparently I'm now influencing mega bloggers Jim Treacher and Frank Fleming, both posting this not long after I Tweeted this (@jtLOL is a follower). I'm always the almost-famous guy in the room. Don't ask me about my almost-Haiti trip.

7 comments:

LC Aggie Sith said...

This is rather cool....and hypnotic.... :-D

Bunni said...

You were right, Snarkey!  THis is the Coolest EVA!  8-)  I'm glad to see you're mixing it up,
we gotta take a break from the fuckwad in chief every so often!
Very awe inspiring video, it must have taken them ages to set up!

Ron Russell said...

The first one was not this old man's cup of tea, but I did like the ripple or butterfly effect in the last one. I'm still feeling the ripples from my run in with a tumble bug just south of Mexico City in 1966!

Matt said...

That is excellent Snarky.  Thanks for posting. 

labcat said...

that's cool. must have taken a LOT of patience.

The Conservative Lady said...

That was terrific.

FreakSmack said...

That video is cool, it's so cool I had to watch it twice to pay any attention to the song, but I've always been a sucker for a good Rube Goldberg Machine.

Post a Comment

 
Feed Your ADHD Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template