Saturday, November 14, 2009

What Veteran Can't Get Behind This?

As a proud veteran, I have one requirement to complete before the U.S. Army sends my honorary badge of courage, and that is the purchase of my first Harley-Davidson. My dad's owned them since I was a tyke (and I'm grateful for all of the magazines that featured Harley-Davidson and its models long enough to shape my childhood and my absurd expectations for the women I'd be pursing during my young adulthood). My brother just drove away from an unnamed Harley dealer with his first bike. So, I guess I'm next.

I'll leave it to Marisa Miller to explain why it's so important to have a Harley and in the same breath honor our courageous veterans of the Marines, Army, Navy, and Air Force ... as if words could explain this sort of thing ....

12 comments:

Velcro on November 14, 2009 at 11:07 PM said...

Very cool!

Teresa on November 14, 2009 at 11:15 PM said...

Cool!! I hope you are able to buy yourself a Harley soon. Its great that Harley-Davidson supports our troops.

Matt on November 14, 2009 at 11:48 PM said...

Good for them. It's good to see it when folks support the troops.

The Daily Retard said...

Awesome stuff from Harley Davidson!

Opus #6 on November 15, 2009 at 2:40 AM said...

My goodness. This will certainly spice things up.

kingshamus on November 15, 2009 at 8:31 AM said...

Awesome.

Ms. Miller ain't too shabby.

Woodsterman (Odie) on November 15, 2009 at 10:38 AM said...

Thanks for the nice "change", Snarky.

The Right Look on November 15, 2009 at 3:18 PM said...

Love the HD and their support. You will too. But mine's a Buell! ;)

-j-

Ron Russell on November 15, 2009 at 4:31 PM said...

I suppose the Harley has always been a symbol of independence from traditional values from the days of "Easy Rider", "Then Came Bronson", and other films. In recent years more have the Harley and those who ride them have shown more patriotic values and that is good. Marisa Miller---wow!!!

cbullitt on November 15, 2009 at 7:12 PM said...

Yeah, saw that the other day, awesome. But I couldn't steal the calendar stills from the site--dammit.

Karen Howes on November 15, 2009 at 7:40 PM said...

I didn't know you were a vet, Snarky.

My brother rides a Harley. :-)

MK on November 16, 2009 at 9:03 PM said...

I've been thinking about getting one myself, but i don't think i can afford it.

Post a Comment

 
Feed Your ADHD Copyright © 2009 Blogger Template Designed by Bie Blogger Template